Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We Need Love....

When " Singles Ladies" comes on you can find women swaying their hips in the club, doing the choreography in their living rooms or moving their hands left to right in the car . But the question is are all singles ladies really content with being single? Do they really enjoy going home to their empty bed? Do they really like going out with all their friends , who at the end of the night have some one to go home to?

Many people are single by circumstance and others by choice. Relationships are like viruses some catch them and others don't . I must admit ....I am a hopeless romantic. I always try to find the beauty in love, even though currently I am not in it. I love to see people in love ,because I have hope my turn is coming .I think a lot people these days have given up on the power of love for many reasons like,sexual indiscretion,lying, incompatibility,differences and immaturity. Or better yet they just are not equipped for it .
I read today that Eva Marcille Pigford is engaged to Lance Gross . They are the inspiration for my post .Gross spoke to Essence.com about his engagement and said," I knew the day I laid eyes on her because I just got that feeling.She took full control of my heart and is the only woman that has ever made me feel that way—that’s how I knew she was special.” After reading this I wondered does love at first sight really exist? I honestly can't answer that . I just believe when love chooses someone there is no way to runaway from it.

Now love for everyone has not been a fairytale. It has caused many heartache and pain. What makes love so unpredictable is that one does not know the expiration date.It can last for a season or lifetime. Love that goes wrong teaches you to forgive, not necessarily forget. Love teaches you life lessons and prepares you for next time. In life everything happens for a reason .Love that doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

One must love themselves first ,before they can truly love someone else .Love is not a substitute for completion , but a remedy for loneliness. At the end of the day, everybody needs love.
As the New Year approaches I know quite a few people have vowed to never love again and if they do, not to give it away so freely . Some people have to be made a believer when it comes to love .Love should never be underestimated. I have learned as a believer in God, (this goes for anything),if it can happen for your neighbor , it can DEFINITELY happen for you .








1 comment:

Her Flyness said...

Meanwhile, Im throwing up from crying so hard..... lol