Friday, December 26, 2008

It's all about the chase..


After a long day of shopping ..I can't seem to get Sweet Lady by Tyrese out of my head . I love this song for so many reasons .Sweet Lady exemplifies the beauty of the chase . You know... when a man actually pursues a woman without any games .The type of chase when a man recognizes a woman for who she is and is willing to do whatever it takes to be with her. (This can go both ways however, I'm going to look at it from a female prospective). Women love a man who has taken the time to notice and get to know her. He has admired from afar her intelligence, personality , smile and style . He has asked around about her and is waiting for the right moment to say the right thing .When he has his house in order he goes in for the kill , without being being too aggressive. I mean his house is clean of all the exes , drama, girlfriends,lies emotional baggage and immaturity . He is just ready for love. Like the song says he wants her to be his" Lady".

It might seem like I have really read into this song , but when I hear it this is what I think of. With age comes maturity. As we get older , men and women are looking for relationships that are meaningful. I talk to my girl friends all the time and most say the same thing. They are ready to be with men who are ready to be with them. This post is not to male bash . Trust me I know they are a lot of women who are just as messy. This is just a reminder to men and women to step their game up .Pursuing someone is great , but if there are no good intentions, it's meaningless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Mo! I'm lovin it... Not like McDonald's (disgusting food) but more like the Cheesecake Factory or Benihana's... Or American Deli or Sakru Japan! lol

Anonymous said...

I hear you somewhat. But the idea of a chase, leaves me with the thought that we as males, are being eluded. For one to chase, the other party must be trying to "escape". Which seems like a game to me. Just something to think about.