Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm Just My God Given Name




M.O.N.I.Q.U.E
What's in a name? A name represents who a person is . It's the name given to them at birth and one of the only things that goes with them to the grave. Its amazing how a persons name can truly fit their personality, style, and attitude. A name encompasses a person as a whole and makes them who they are.

Growing up I hated my name. I thought it was boring and old sounding . I hated the way it was spelled and rolled off my tongue. I felt like the only person in the whole world with the name Monique. I liked the name Keisha or Tatiana better.

One day I decided to ask my parents why they named named Monique and they told me because it was made for just me. Made for me? I could not understand why. So I decided to define the meaning of my name for myself.

Monique is of French descent. It derives from the names Mona and Monica. It means wonderful counselor or advisor . My middle name is the feminine version of Anthony . It means highly praiseworthy and priceless. It has Latin and French descent . My last name means he who is like God.

Looking at the definition of my entire name it defines who I am .The definition makes me a special and unique person. I am truly my god given name . I am a good friend who offers great advice when called upon .I love to talk so when I start , I can't stop. As an individual I stand out . I don't do things everyone else does . I have my own mind and dance to the beat of my own drum . Although I am sometimes misunderstood I do things my own way and in my own time . I am a go getter , humorous ,highly intelligent and creative . I love to meet and get to know new people . I love to laugh and be happy. When people get to know me, they love me. Even when things in my life are crazy , you would never know it because I keep a smile on my face .I have a pure heart and good intentions. I love LOVE and enjoy spreading it. Even when I make mistakes I try to learn from them . I am beautiful inside and out .I am definitely priceless in a sense that I am one of a kind . I am very spiritual. Everyday I am on a personal journey with god , to be more like him . Ultimately my name is perfect for me and I carry it well .

My mom was right when she said my name was made for me. I understand now why no one else in my class had my name . Why the way it is spelled and pronounced is different. It is because I am different. I never understood why it stands out until I got to know myself and understood who I am . I love my god given name . I am Monique Antoinette . Nothing More and nothing less .

I encourage you to define your name for yourself . You might be surprised of what you may discover. It true when they say its all in the name.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah so your name is definitely beautiful. I remember when I first met you I was like wow she has a really pretty name. Monique has always been a favorite name of mine. It conveys something not sure what but it does. Im glad you finally came to appreciate your name and the power behind it. I had similar feelings with my name "derrick". Which is why many people met me under the alias "lamar". I now fully like and appreciate my name its awesome. Loving the blog so far! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

lol if you can find somewhere with a definition for my name let me know hhahaha. But think of it this way Monique= Unique and that is def. what you are sexxayy!! I lovee me some Moni Toni :)

And if you don't know who this is, then you are pathetic lol <3