Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One Nation Under God....


Today I realized the world I live in is not all peaches and cream. People are living in times with real problems. Real hurts and pains. Real issues and dilemmas. A husband and father of 5 beautiful children took the lives of his entire family. He killed his children, wife and himself to save them from the pain of going without. It made my heart cry out when I read the story on CNN. I could not fathom killing the kids I gave life to...or the man I decided to spend the rest of my life with.
This story is just another example of how desperate the American people are right now. Americans are resorting to killing each other just to eat and see another day. That is so disturbing, yet real. I never thought I would see the day when humans would not see the value in another man’s life or even their own. To take someone’s life is playing God. A killer makes the huge decision of who will be given life and who will take their last breath. Although we are going through rough economic times I know things will get better.

A few months ago my mind was programmed in a negative state. I was a victim of crime and my attitude about life began to change. I saw the negative in everything and lived my life in fear. I became desperate to find some kind of hope. Living in fear everyday and have no peace in my own mind, did not sit well with me .One day I had to decide that I was not going to allow all the things going on around me to define my happiness. My life is nowhere near perfect but I have learned to be content were I am.

Barack Obama ignited hope into the hearts of many American s. He gave us faith that things will get better. It breaks my heart to see that barely a week after his installment, people are giving up ALREADY. It is understandable that not knowing where your next meal will come from, or where you will lay your head or how you will pay your bills can bear down on you. A measure of a man or woman is defined by how strong they are when things are not always good. Strength, faith, dedication and perseverance are all essential to survival.

Today I’m starting a campaign to pray for the peace of mind for my fellow Americans. I pray for faith, assurance and steadfastness. At the very lowest times in my life, I looked to God and he picked me up. I believe that if we found refuge in the arms of God...he will give us peace and security. I am well aware that not having and going without is new to us Americans. We live in a world where resources are abundant and at our fingertips. But everything must change. God uses situation to show us things and elevate us. Imagine going without and being poor as a life story. The economic crisis in America could be a lot worse so we must be thankful for what we have. Even when things are going astray we must seek the positives in our lives. Like the gift of life. The gift of freedom. The gift of prayer. I challenge my readers to pray for the well-being of our country. Pray for hope and mercy. Pray for understanding when the unexpected happens. Most of all pray for peace for our nation. Truthfully the only thing we need is God. When you seek God he will provide everything you need and want.

No comments: