Wednesday, January 7, 2009

FAMU ...Excellence With Caring...




Today was my first day back on " The Hill" and I was so disappointed. It was cold, windy,and gray. Students were walking around like zombies and like someone just took their best friend.Over the break FAMU had this bright idea to upgrade the system that allows students to take care of all their obligations. That would include schedules, financial aid,meal plans, and book vouchers. Everything that is essential to a student starting the semester off right. The OUR FAMU system has been shutdown for almost a month for upgrades . Once the site came back up it suffered many malfunctions leaving a reported 3500 students left without a schedule or enrollment for the spring semester.

I am a pretty responsible student , so I did the majority of my schedule before I left for break to ensure I had everything in order. My education is funded through scholarships, so I have to prepare my schedule in advance. As a scholar in order to maintain my scholarship I must maintain 15 credits per semester. I am currently registered for 12 credits. I have been trying to register for this one particular class, but can't because I need a permission code.

So I decided to walk to the Grand Ballroom only to be stopped. The line was wrapped around the building . Some students had been standing in line since 6 am, but they did not open the door until 9 am. Previously the day before, some students stood in line for 6 hours only to walk away without a schedule or a smile.

Yesterday , so many people were trying to get their classes situated. I heard Foote-Hilyer(FAMU's administration office) called a SWAT team on students . A SWAT team ???.. You call a SWAT on students who are taking control of their education? Who are trying to make sure they get their net checks ? Who are making sure that they are enrolled in school?

There is so much confusion and frustration on campus right now, its unbelievable.

I am die hard RATTLER. I bleed orange and green. I carry FAMU with me where ever I go .The chaos and despair that has broken loose across my campus is mind boggling. I'm not sure who is responsible for the poor planning , but I hope it is rectified ASAP.




2 comments:

ADMIN said...

i liked what u wriet her go on

www.uosland.blogspot.com

Sír Andrƹ said...

we are >>>>>>>>>>HERE<<<<<<<<< on this problem. It's not a FAMU problem. It's a lack of competence with all the schools I think. Our online registration system is always down at odd times.