Friday, July 3, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958-2009


" I Never Can Say Good-Bye", " Lady In My Life", and " Rock With You", are just a few of my favorite songs by Michael Joe Jackson. On June 25,2009 the world lost a musical legend and genius. He provided music that allowed people all over the world to dance, make babies, break-up , make-up and unite nation. It seems that every great mind throughout history has two sides . One side is genius impacting the world and contributing great ideas and gifts. The other side of the mind is troubled and longing for something that is lost . Michael Jackson is a man that struggled with many demons . Coming from a family that suffered verbal and physical abuse . It stunted his mental capacity , forcing him to grow up to fast . His childhood set the pace for the rest of his life. His legal woes and mental criticism never overshadowed his talent.


MJ was not only a great musician to the world ,but his family . He will be greatly missed . My all time favorite music video is "Remember the Time". I remember being in the living room when the video premiered on BET. Eddie Murphy and Iman sitting on that Egyptian Throne made me fall in love . I would stand up in front of the family big screen TV and attempt to do the choreography. That was a pivotal part of my childhood!


Even though MJ suffered many legal troubles and was paraded in the media as "strange" and a "circus freak" , his legacy is much greater . After his passing the media has raised speculation that he was addicted to pain killers and sedatives. That his frail lifeless body was subjected to years of skin bleaching and plastic surgery. These antics in the media have not stopped millions of fans to flock to Los Angeles just to be where he is, dead or alive. As he is laid to rest for eternity.. I pray his soul entered into heaven. I pray that his legacy will live on and he will continue to live in our hearts . I will continue to pray for his family and their strength. Micheal Jackson's glittered glove, white socks, studded jackets,black hat, and crotch grabbing will live on forever and never be forgotten . R.I.P Michael " King of Pop" Jackson.

No comments: