Friday, July 3, 2009

How Do You Measure: Like Your Age or Your Shoe Size?


Recently in my life I have witnessed adults act more like their shoe sizes than their age. The usual immature behavior. Snickering when people walk into the room, using the Internet as a scapegoat , publicly discussing private issues , cowardly behavior and not taking responsibility for their own actions.


With 22 right around the corner, I am on a mission to continue to grow into a young lady.My entire life , my mother has taught me to never be a coward. If you dish it out, you should be able to take it when it comes back to you. Another rule of thumb she taught me is if you have a problem or issue with someone, you go to the person and not hide behind words. These words of wisdom would go in one ear and out of the other. But now more than ever , I hold on tight to these words.


Ones behavior is a reflection of who they really are . As a growing woman , I understand that people are looking up to me at all times. People take note of my behavior and judge me based upon that . It saddens me to see people I look up to act like toddlers. This leaves me with no one to admire and I am forced to be the change I want to see. Maturity is something that is learned and gained through knowledge. A lack of immaturity is no longer a valid reason to be ignorant and spiteful . In 2009 , men and women have to do better. Put away childish things , and stay mindful of your purpose. No one should ever be complacent where they are . There should be a constant longing for elevation. Everyone should lead their lives with their own minds, and dance to the beat of their own drum. Never allow anyone else's idea's to become permanently yours. Never compromise what you know is right , to please someone else. Better yet, don't hide hate behind a smile. Be able to stand alone , and not rely on the strength of others.


Here is a quote for thought , " He had noticed that events were cowards: they didn't occur singly, but instead they would run in packs and leap out at him all at once." Please stop finding comfort in the soles of your shoes or others, elevate to your age and see how much you will grow.

No comments: