Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love All Over Me



My day was going fine. I was cleaning up the house. I turned on the television . Watched VH1 Soul . And to my surprise it was the Monica Soul Story. They played her old school jams and it got me reminiscing . I was jamming. Then "Love All Over Me" came on and it changed my whole day. This is one of my favorite songs by her . I think it truly captures the feeling of what love should be. You can hear it in her voice. As I watched,I remembered that , Shannon Brown , the lead guy in the video is now her real life husband. Just last year this time she broke up with her boyfriend and the father of her children Rocko. I have been thinking about this scenario all day. The guy who pretended to be her husband...is NOW REALLY her husband. How awesome it that? This taught me a few things. Be careful what you do or say cause it can turn into reality. The second lesson is that break ups are meant to elevate you to a hook up. All that time she spent with someone who didn't really value who she was. According to blogs, he was always guilty of infidelity .She finally decided to let that go and found someone who adores her. I figured if GOD could do that for her ...I know he can do that for me. Sometimes in relationships both men and women , we hold on to whatever we can. We will settle for whatever we can get. Just to have that person in out lives ...afraid to lose them . When sometimes its better to admit its not meant to be. I have had to make a decision. Do I want to be with someone who I have to force to fit or someone tailor made for me? The time I spend pulling teeth and begging ..I could use with someone who wants to shower me with a new beginning. From the ugliest heartache can come a beautiful surprise. Monica sparked something in me today. She gave me hope and renewed my faith in relationships and love. It also reminded that what GOD has for me is for me. Relationships were designed to teach a lesson ..to propel you to the next person your supposed to be with . Love is a journey with bumps and glitches along the way ..but once you reach the final destination one will find it was all worth it in the end. The moral of today's story is that love can find you and it can be beautiful. At least I hope so.