Saturday, January 22, 2011

Expiration Date


"When people show you who they are. BELIEVE them the first time"-Maya Angelou .
As 2010 ended , I found myself trying to see the good in people around me.Attempting to look past all their imperfections and shortcomings in their relationship with me . Giving them a second chance. Hoping for the best because I wanted to to. But to no surprise , nothing changed. GOD uses people in our lives to show us a few things. That their season has expired or its time for you to move on. There is no sense in holding on to friendships, associations, or relationships that has no purpose. I guess in the end when you have wiped your hands clean of a failed relationship. You can at least say you tried..right ? But to what emotional expense? I love the saying , " When you know better , you do better" . If someone in your life has a pattern of being inconsistent , insensitive, indecisive, untruthful , conniving, malicious, or hurtful. Thank them. Now you know which course of action to take ..... your expectations won't be so high. As 2011, takes off , I will take all those lessons of having high expectations of people. And use them as a stepping stone to growth and knowledge. People take the lead from you. They treat you how you allow them to.

No comments: