Friday, May 14, 2010

On the Run

It's Friday night in Atlanta. End of May. Summertime---And I'm in the house. I guess I'm not like most 22 years old. I decided to have a movie night. I watched the movie "Preacher's Kid" starring LeToya Luckett and Tank ---- and it seems as though that movie was made just for me. I took away a lot of things....but there was one message in particular that stuck with me and opened my eyes. You leave GOD --------but he never leaves you.

That is such a powerful statement. So many times as a believer---we stray from GOD. There is nothing like the guilt of feeling like the favor of GOD has departed from your life. No matter the sin. Whether its sex-drugs-liquor -clubbing-lying- or hanging out. We get wrapped up in living for the moment that we forget about the future sometimes. I think that as young people...we feel like we have time. It like we live our lives when we're young..scratch things off our bucket list --then when we get older we wanna live for GOD. But what if that's too late.
It never occurred to me parents warn you about what not to do --because they are protecting you . Parents already lived and don't want you to make the same mistakes that they did. I know from experience --there is nothing like living life for yourself. Curiosity gets the best of you---you want to explore the world ..and answer your own questions. However sometimes we get so caught up in living for ourselves...that we forget to live for GOD.

" Preacher's Kid" highlighted the notion that GOD will do things to get your attention. He will put you through a test...to have a magnificent testimony. GOD knows your intended end and he is the one who created you. He constructed your mind and everything that resides in it .GOD makes no mistakes because he is perfect. As humans , we make mistakes . The best thing is to learn from them and not make the same mistake twice. The main character , Angie had to experience life for herself in order for it to bring her back to where she started . The one place she was running from---GOD. No matter how hard you try and run from GOD---he will always lead you right back to him.